Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Birthday

In 1975 of course I was 18 years old, today, at 51 years old, things feel different.

The diary says that it was quite a normal day really, and that's probably true of most birthdays, things have not changed besides the number had increased. I went to London and bought a cassette for my brother's birthday (October 18th) and that weekend received a cassette from Rob, a model off my younger brother Paul and five pounds off my grandad, ten pounds off mum and dad.

The cassette jammed, so I had to take it back.

Today is another normal day, 33 years later, although grandad, mum, dad and Paul have gone, so no prezzies from them, in fact, birthdays are more for celebration, eating and drinking, not so much about material things any more.

No reason to be sad today, woke, brewed some coffee and prepared for another normal day.

No comments: