Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm not in Love

The diary of 1975 that I refer to, chronicled the demise of the single lad into the manacled, quick to grow up young man.

Big boys don't cry.

It's all there in that 1975 edict, the very apparent "two timing" that my girlfriend at the time was undertaking, and the many breakups because of it, and then, in the latter parts of 1975, the Walter Raleigh Weldon, throwing his coat down in a puddle to apparently save the young lass.

At the time, when I'd plucked up enough courage to tell her in the kitchen that drama filled night, my mum said that "if she's done it with you, she's done it with others" which, at the time was in direct opposition to my blinkered beliefs, yet was, in retrospect, true.

Always listen to your mum.

Life didn't work out too bad, after all, I ended up here didn't I..?

No comments: