Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year

It was 1976 and a brand new year, things back at the ranch had run their normal course, the traditional Christmas, with mum going crackers while we all pulled them.

I'm sure dad had a Bass shandy or two on Christmas day and gave my young brother Paul a weak one, while we older brothers had moved on to more adult drinks, mum would cherish a Malibu and Grandad a sweet sherry.

Christmas 1975 at the Cottage on Pottery Lane was the last I can remember where we celebrated as a family in Whiston, Lancashire.

Life soon changed for all of us.

The new year started with my jottings in a new five year diary, something I'll dig out for the next series of blogs. I was about to tell my parents about what I'd been up to and what I planned to do.

Little did I know that they had already been talking about it...

No comments: