Monday, April 8, 2013

End of Part Two

December 21st, 1990 marked the end of part two in the Canadian landing gear stress analyst employment story, the year had been surprisingly lucrative and, as time had shot by, surprisingly short.

It was therefore quite the time warp for me as the next twelve weeks dragged by, time spent cutting coupons, saving money everywhere I could, calling Larry every week to see if they wanted me back, which as the weeks dragged by became more of a daunting phone call as his patience wore thin.

What was I doing? - basically sitting around the house, keeping things tidy, a stay at home mother without any children (besides a pair of budgies) and I was literally going stair crazy.

Sometime in March someone called me and told me that Dowty were advertising for a stress analyst or two, something to do with a new project, I resisted for another week or so and gave Menasco a couple more phone calls, all of which were quite depressing, and I was more convinced than ever that Larry was tired of my calls.

So, I snapped.

One thing I never wanted to do was go back to Dowty with my cap in my hand, tail between my legs as a pathetic "tried and failed" jobshopper, but here I was, doing exactly that.

In retrospect, I did exactly the wrong thing at almost exactly the wrong time.

No comments: