Friday, March 12, 2010

In the Pink

It may have been the change in diet, the new job or simply the stress of moving from one side of the planet to the other, but in the middle of 1988 I was having problems, pains in my chest woke me up one night, like a tight belt around me.

The diet, well portions were bigger (and so was I) and the first six months in Canada had felt somewhat like a vacation, so drinking was, of course, an issue.

At work I had been thrown into an unknown area of loads generation and was blindly running landing predictions, in addition, Fortran was giving me constant headaches along with the cumbersome file system of the mainframe.

And the coffee, endless coffeeeeee....

After a visit to the doctors and a few tests, I was diagnosed with a peptic ulcer, something that could be cured with a pill and a reduction in certain foods, coffee, alcohol, chocolate cake and working stress.

And the pink stuff:

No comments: