Friday, March 12, 2010

Readers Wives


Along with a pair of budgies we had bought a hibatchi grill from the local Zellers and I had told people at work that I was going to drag it to Darlington Provincial Park at the weekend and cook some sossidges.

One of the women at work said that she had an unused bag of charcoal in her garage and she would bring it in the following day, which she did, and at lunchtime she came over to my desk and volunteered to help me take it over to the apartment, five minutes away.

It was in the trunk of her car and we drove over to Falby Court, I said I'd be just a minute and she insisted that she would come up with me, so we silently rode up on the elevator to the seventh floor and took the charcoal to it's new home.

What followed was a very uncomfortable five or so minutes with this busty woman, a few years older than me strolling into the apartment and appearing to flaunt herself. I recall it finishing up with a comic, "carry-on" vision of her leaning over the budgie cage and wiggling as I, redfaced and halfway through the front door, managed to end the adventure without spillage.

No comments: