Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bohannon

In any of the blogs here, don't think I think that I'm introducing any of these people to the world, they're just sitting in the memory banks and were part of that magical time in the mid to late seventies.

Hamilton Bohannon had a series of club hits back in the time that it mattered to me, prior to real life distracting me away from the dance floor, he had a reasonable hit in 1975 with "South African Man" brought to my attention from the Soul Show, and then soon after, quite a hit with "Disco Stomp" and then a few years later with "Let's Start the Dance"

I don't know where I'm going with this though, starting making a list of artists that ran on the periphery of my life, giving some sort of collage of sound for the reader as to what I was back then, well, confusing I think.

Suffice to say, Bohannon was part of the soundtrack, and very good he was too. I don't know if he would have approved of my striped jacket and red loons though, not the richest kid on the block and not a smart or coordinated dresser.

But when I was out on the floor and dancing to anything like Bohannon, regardless of alcohol content, I was white hot.

No comments: