Saturday, August 23, 2008

Total Loss

I stepped off the tube train, wrinkled my nose somewhat and thought that something was not quite right with the world, it was February 1975 and the London Underground circle line was, by now, a familiar location on a Sunday evening.

I turned, as the doors closed and the train took off to my right, I knew what was wrong, and the moment was gone, along with my bundle of six or so vinyl records that had been sat on the seat next to me.

I still had both parents and all my brothers so at that point, this probably equated to the worst loss of my young life, my mind raced at how it was possible to recoup my prized possessions, but I rapidly concluded it was a lost cause.

A total loss.

This was only exceeded many years later by the break up of a relationship, where for some ridiculous reason, I'd allowed my girlfriend to borrow my entire collection of Supertramp albums. She finished with me and just would not return them.

However, life has happily proven that I can always get the music and the sex back.

No comments: