Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fontage

Yes, back to that little comment about fonts and the slippery slope.

I've never had that so called 20/20 vision, could not be a pilot and was never tall enough to be a policeman, but at least I could read.

In the last ten years my eyes must be hardening or something, I used to be able to hold a menu at a reasonable distance when searching for my nachos, now my arms are just not long enough and finally I capitulated and went to the eyeglass man and he made me some eyeglasses, which, by golly, make me see again.

Well, for now anyway.

The aging boomer generation, are mostly going through this process, some have balls and elect to have their eyes lazicked and fixed, some like me, cowardly custards, elect to throw a hundred bucks at some goggles.

So, I have here in front of me, the manual that came with the MP3 player, and I kid you not, the font used is probably a 5 or 6 point and I'm hard pressed even with my hundred bucks worth of nose ornament to discern text, regardless of the fact that the little electronic gidget is complex, the detailed, badly written manual is only visible to a small percentage of the population anyway.

Another small rant, but in a readable font....

No comments: