Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Coffee Table

January, 6th, 1986

I was in a decorating mood and wallpapered my bedroom, I thought I'd sparkle up my downstairs with a coffee table, so went into a budget furniture "superstore" called MFI in Speke after a day at the salt-mines.

I parked the Cortina and set off on the usual search for a holy grail, of course after about ten minutes in there I decided that their compressed bird seed, veneered masterpieces were not for me.

I was walking around the car park, like a bloody fool, looking for the place I’d parked my car. Not in the front car park, look in the back, not there?....look in the front again....etc.

Where the hell had I parked it?

As with the first Cortina in my life, the last Cortina was gone, stolen, and as you may guess, in the dark rainy days of January, this was not the happiest moment in life.

In addition, my briefcase, along with my calculator, printer and the small compiled "book of interesting stress facts" was gone, and, to my horror, my floppies and the Microsoft Flight Simulator disk.

I called the Police from the store office and they just said I should come into the station and file a report.

That was it, a short taxi drive, one form, never seen again.

Gone.

No comments: