Saturday, September 19, 2009

E.F.Bruhn

I've had a think about it, and the year 1985 is so important that I'll spend some extra time on telling stories on the blog and not feel rushed to get on with later years, if I look at how much time I have spent pontificating about my married years, it seems that the story would be lobsided without some dedicated blogging to the life changing experiences of California.

The previous year, and my training in FEA, had given me a good headstart in understanding what stress analysis was all about, benchmarking some of the FEA results had given me the chance to learn about how stresses combine and it was very evident that the Americans knew a lot more about that.

In fact, McDonnell Douglas had their own structural handbook, something of a bible of discovered facts that was available in their "public domain" library and, in addition, it seemed that everyone who was worth their analytical salt had a copy of a book by a chap called Bruhn.

It was called Analysis and Design of Aircraft Structures and my second or third weekend in California was spent in search of my own copy.

No comments: