Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Vacation from Vacation

The news from management was that we were returning to Britain on the 28th March and that some would return to the USA around the 9th April. I was the only structural guy but I started to worry that perhaps I would not return, that somehow it would be over.

The relationship with Nancy had grown and it had become difficult to not be with her, strange as we had such a false start, but there was something about her independant spirit and analytical way of thinking that attracted me to her, besides the physical aspects of it all that is.

In all of this though, I was trying to keep contact with Karen, but things had been off track since December and the Jiminy Cricket thing, the return to the UK at the end of March resulted in even more drama.

In addition, the attitude I exuded strained some of my relationships with old friends, especially as my head had grown so big that it would not fit through doorways any more.

No comments: