Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Drama Queen

The following day, I did something that I had not done for eleven years, I drank half a bottle of gin.

I was watching Jeopardy in my shorts and eating cheese nips and squeeze cheez, the gin and limes being replenished every ten minutes or so, Nancy had called earlier in the evening and could not come over, so it just made sense to drink myself into oblivion.

Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, think I'll go and eat worms...

I can't quite piece it together, but much later I decided to go and get in the pool, not the jacuzzi, the swimming pool and was bobbing about for about an hour, it was late and there was no one around except me, I was shivering and just drunk as a skunk.

I had this feeling I was being watched and through my beer googles looked up and there was Nancy, standing like some angel at the side of the pool. I think something in my tone alerted her and she took the time to drive out to see me.

I was glad of the company.

No comments: