Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tuesday, 12th February, 1985

As written, no change to spelling or grammar...

"I'm sitting in the T45TS Design Office at the moment with a cup of Hill's Bros coffee in front of me (extra lightener - yak). Edgars just told me he's been to the bog downstairs, which I'm sure is interesting if you're into that sort of thing.

We drove in (I drove the big fat 3.8 litre, automatic Mercury Marquis) from Oakwood Apartments in Seal Beach to Douglas Aircraft Corporation in Long Beach, California at about 7.45 this morning, with Kiss FM (KIIS 102.7) on the radio.

The DJ who is on that time of the morning is called Rick Dees, and he is a scream, the music is good too but Jim Baker keeps turning it down.

I'm going to pick Ray Norton up in about three hours time, from LAX (Los Angeles International Airport), it's a straight forward drive, down Interstate 405.

He's going to share the apartment (E-219) with me and should have a bit more life about him (compared with my previous playmates, Stan Jenkins then Harold Sharrock). Harold had a habit of just barging into my room without knocking, which I am definitely not used to.

I should have more in common with Ray however, and that should relieve my homesickness - nearly everything I do, which is not connected to work, seems to be a bit 'hollow', for example, on Sunday we went to Disneyland, which was great but it would have been a lot better if Karen had been there.

However, this won't last forever and I'll probably never get another chance to play about in California, So I'll make the most of it, Chow!"

No comments: