Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Crosby Marina

The vanished job applications at McDonnell Douglas were a catalyst for both Ray and myself and we both went off in opposite directions. Ray and Stacey, who had been together at Christmas 1985 definitely had a plan B and it was time to launch it.

It was a bright Sunday and I drove down to Crosby, I'm not sure if my original intention was to visit Ian Tasker or to see if Ray Norton was windsailing there at the marina.

I ended up at Crosby Marina and sat on a park bench, people watching. It was a fresh, sunny day and I sat there for an hour or more, replaying my life up to that point and returning to some of the thoughts I had at the end of 1984 and the pre California days of 1985.

You could call it a step function, an epiphany or a light bulb moment, but I ended up calling it my "Crosby Marina Moment" which changed the course of my life from that point on. Self diagnosis that fixed a lot of the issues that were causing me trouble.

I would think that some people might just call it growing up and taking responsibility for my actions.

No comments: