Thursday, September 24, 2009

High Apple Pie, in the Sky, Hopes

The two things that happened on the 24th May 1985 that were of note were that I went to Parry's bookshop in Liverpool and bought my first Roark, a stress and strain handbook, a sign that I was more serious about this Stress Analyst game after my American vacation.

The second thing was that, in conversations with the American Embassy and the subsequent forms they sent to me, it was apparent that I needed more from Menasco than their letter of intent, and of course, by now I had realised that the wording on their "job offer" was possibly not worth a dime.

It was not Ray Crawleys fault, he was an engineer and not a lawyer and probably wanted me to work there, but of course, the American Embassy had a whole bunch of rules associated with a US Company wanting to employee an alien such as myself.

So, I had sent off a package to Mister Crawley and Menasco, consisting of some forms that I would like them to fill in, I had high hopes that they could pull some strings but a nagging feeling that it wasn't going to work out too well.

No comments: