Friday, September 25, 2009

Gravity

The year was moving along and my social life had become rather complicated, I had met a nurse who worked down at Billinge Hospital outside Wigan, an interesting woman who liked to schedule me in on a Wednesday night for a good seeing to, usually activity on that night would leave me sated until the weekend.

In addition, I was still in contact with the girl in the USA, I'd record the occasional "mixed tape" for her and write, we would telephone each other, but long distance rates at the time were horrendous. I had booked a flight to go out to California at Christmas, but that was a long way off.

The single man facade was broken, I was in the same pub as Karen on Thursdays through to Sunday and the pair of us tried to ignore each other, that became even more impossible when she elected to be a single girl again, so it was just a matter of time before we were seeing each other.

No comments: