Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Deja Vu

January 16th, 1986

It had been almost three months and neither Ray or myself had heard anything back from McDonnell Douglas about our applications, I was using my fingers crossed statement again quite liberally and combined with my lack of transport, January was turning out to be a miserable month.

The physical distance between Long Beach was vast and day by day, the mental distance increased, I was settling back into life in the UK, I was finally managing my money somewhat and my social life was back on track as my head shrunk back to almost it's normal size.

Ray and I decided to send a letter to Willie Boehringer to see what was going on, I recall something similar happening with Ray Crawley at Menasco and I was more certain than ever that another door was about to be slammed shut.

No comments: