Monday, September 21, 2009

Tapped

The area around the Jolly Roger included a bar that was called Osko's Club Marina, it was a place that had not been attended as there was a five dollar cover charge, in addition, it was barely a place that was suitable for twenty seven years old like myself never mind the "parents".

In retrospect, if the following had not happened at some point, then the young Felix Unger and Oscar Madison of Oakwood apartments may have resorted to gayness and a season ticket to sockless nights and wristwatch demonstrations at the Acapulco bar on Main street.

It was the 1st of March and Ray and myself paid our five bucks and entered a younger world, in terms of night life the place was probably quite tame, however, it felt a little more like a British night out than the usual conservative Jolly Roger fare.

I should compare notes with Ray Norton, but from what I remember a couple of girls were dancing and as they walked past us from the dance floor, I tried to start a conversation with the shorter one.

If the pair of them had any intention of tapping off with the pair of us, I could imagine that the shorter one had, at some point, pointed at me and said to the taller one "I don't fancy yours" because, as I tried to talk to her, that was the impression I strongly received.

Stacey and Nancy, a pair of attractive American girls, were great fun after the initial clumsy ice breaker. Stacey latched onto Ray and Nancy "threw herself on the grenade" and put up with me.

No comments: