Friday, September 25, 2009

Treading Water

It was over six months since the strike action and there were still grumblings in the office about the pay structure, and some of the more active TASS members were still being secretly victimised.

I was no exception and I had a word at the end of June with my boss, Bob Morris, who admitted it was unfair and was going to look into it, I noted in my diary that I should not hold my breath.

There was a representative from McDonnell Douglas in the office, a gentleman called Art Shaw who we had met while out in California, I'd spend time when not working on FEA models chatting to him about the USA. Initially, he was one of those guys who impressed me with his lifestyle in the states, however, it was not solely due to engineering and evident that he was very much an entrepreneur.

There had been no reply or action from Menasco and it seemed to me that I was trapped in limbo, no action from across the pond and a stalemate at APPH over the pay structure, so I started to look around for an alternative.

No comments: