Monday, September 21, 2009

Family Holiday

Things had not been going well, as I indicated in that extended diary entry, California was amazing and fantastic, yet, as the youngest in the group it felt like a bit of a family holiday, traipsing around after the old-uns, fiscal responsibility and common sense everywhere.

The arrival of someone my own age changed things and a sense of freedom returned, although the company was still insisting on stuffing four of us into one hire car.

The Oakwood Apartments added to the newly aquired normality of our tenure, instead of living out of a suitcase in a hotel we had kitchens, couches and a furniture package that made it all feel like home.

I'd previously stated in my diary that "I wanna go home" although "I'll suffer it another few weeks, just for the weekend excursions" and that was all about to change as gradually, the magic of a younger feeling California stole my heart and almost my soul from me.

No comments: