Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Situation Normal

November, 1985

Things had changed in the APPH Stress Office, I believe that management, quite rightly, had decided that it was a bad, bad thing to only have one FEA "expert" so they tasked me to teach everything I knew to a young man called Mark Overton.

In addition, Graham Miller had been promoted to what they called an S2 grade, and the power was going right to his head, I wrote in my diary that I didn't like the way that he had taken the helm and that was all I needed.

I still had somewhat of an edge with the FEA although Mark was a quick learner. In addition they tasked me with the selection of a couple of computers for the office, and after a long and thoughtful deliberation phase Olivetti M24s were chosen, mainly because I could run my Microsoft Flight Simulator on them.

It was still evident that my pay grade was not going anywhere, as though the California trip was reward enough, however, I do note later in the month that my pay packet was huge (due to overtime) and that my earnings in 1985 had been the best ever.

I just had to stop pissing it away.

No comments: