Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Any old Iron

It was November the 23rd and I wrote off to Ralph Darlington at Dowty in Canada, I had three quotes from moving companies who had visited in the last week or so to estimate how much it would cost to transport our stuff across the pond.

The electrical items were not included as the system was 120 volts over there, so some stuff would have to be flogged in the short time we had left, this included our Zanussi washer and dryer, the stereo and my Commodore 64.

I'm pretty sure I didn't have my Goblin Teasmade at that point, that had gone west a long time ago because of it's high fear factor of scalding, morning explosions.

Scotpac, Pickfords and a company called John Mason quoted and the latter was the company of choice because of the way they treated us during the quote. The damage would be 770 quid plus 15% vat.

No comments: