Tuesday, October 6, 2009

No Secrets

The same week was the twinned announcements of wedlock and departure, I was giving APPH a "technical" months notice, although the Christmas festivities were going to eat into that somewhat. I also indicated to Bob Morris that I might be around for longer as the Canadian High Commission were dragging their feet.

I sent a flyer around the office, inviting people to the party at the Smithy along with a veiled threat that I might buy a round, the plans for the wedding were in full swing, we had arranged a disc jockey and the buffet was being covered by the family.

The blurting out to all and sundry spread to Karens workplace and the crowd at the Poacher in Winstanley, it was a great feeling to finally have no secrets after the previous eight months, the only secret remaining was guarded by the consulate who still had not told us if we could actually go to Canada.

No comments: