Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bad Habits

After all those years of reckless, and drunk, driving in the UK the Canadian driving test was going to be a pushover, after all I was an excellent driver, in my mind of course.

The first test was terrible, even though I was concious of speed limits I drove far too fast, too confident, no mirror use and a few technical points failed, I arrived back at work with my tail between my legs.

I approached the second test with a fear and respect, overdid everything, even down to the moving of the head (and not just the eyes) for mirror use and fortunately I passed.

I had a sort of fear when Karen took her test in May, she had never driven in the UK and my fear was she would pass first time and I would never live it down with some of the guys at work, well, fortunately for me, she failed.

It was down to nerves for her, not because she had picked up bad habits over a decade of bad driving. The second time was scheduled for May, 18th and of course, she passed!

No comments: