Sunday, October 4, 2009

NAFEMS


I was sent down to Brighton for a two day FEA conference hosted by NAFEMS.

NAFEMS was a new independant body dedicated to promote the safe and reliable use of finite element technology and it was further validation of APPHs methods to be a member of the organisation.

The conference was at the Grand Hotel in Brighton and APPH sent me down there on my own, which was a bit sad, Johnny Nomates down there on expenses, sitting with a gin and tonic in a bar full of nerds wearing pocket protectors.

The second night I found a disco bar under the hotel, tremendous place, had about seven people in there, closed at eleven.

It was a pleasant trip though, Brighton was a lovely place, the booze and food were free and all I had to do was collect the technical data, make some notes and prepare a report when I returned.

No comments: