Sunday, October 4, 2009

Heads Up

I was off playing soccer and Karen was at home with her sister Sue when the phone call from Valerie Davis came through.

They were having a girls night in, watching F/X Murder by Illusion and Karen was annoyed that the phone rang, interupting a great film. However, when she heard who it was she sat on the stairs and had one of the trademark one sided conversations.

It was a secret from family too until we knew for sure.

Cantech were calling to say that Dowty were sending an offer of employment and to outline the terms and what we should do next. It was a heads up call, so that we could contact the Canadian consulate in advance of the letter arriving.

I arrived back from football and Karen whisked me upstairs to tell me the news, it was exciting but I recall having this sort of excitement twice before.

No comments: