Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fast Food

The evening event followed the mood of the day, no issues and everything went to order. The buffet, that Karens sister Sue had prepared, was a great success and there was even a wedding cake.

The room was full and the four factions were well represented, Karens family, my family, friends from work and the Poacher, I took along some money to buy drinks but nobody would allow it, I think I managed to spend twenty quid over the entire night.

I had my moment as I took the microphone off the DJ, it was a thank you speech and I compared the Registry Office wedding to a MacDonalds: "it was so fast that I expected them to ask will there be fries with that?" and then I continued with the gibberish until the cane came from the side to hook me off the "stage" so the music could continue.

It was everything we needed, we had run the show on a shoestring but it turned out an amazing day, I smile at the reality programs nowadays with couples spending tens of thousands on princess bride wedding days.

Thats not what it is all about, it's about the right couple, buying the ticket and keeping a promise.

No comments: