Monday, October 5, 2009

Progress

In typical fashion, and partially because we expected it, no letter from the consulate was on the doormat when we arrived home. In fact the letter didn't arrive until the 17th of September, three weeks later.

I had talked before the vacation to Valerie Davis at Cantech about air fares for my "fiance" and she had agreement from Dowty, so that was no issue, and Karen, my apparent intended, was excited about it all.

The paperwork to the consulate said the same thing, I had skirted over the "divorced" tick box and completed the relationship section with engaged. I think we talked about getting married but it didn't seem to be anything that needed to be rushed.

The letter instructed us to attend an interview at the High Commission in London, to bring our passports and birth certificates and the correspondence from Dowty, it was the progress that we had been hoping for.

No comments: