Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Monday, Monday

Monday, November 30th, 1987

There was also the issue of the flights to contend with and all signs, besides the lack of Landed Immigrant visas, were indicting that it would be early January, 1988 as we wanted to have the New Year with our friends and families.

The cost of the flights was not an issue, as Dowty were picking up the tab, they were also providing a loan car for the first two weeks after our arrival in Canada, the real issue was flight availability and that was out of our control, along with several other factors including the moving company who wanted a date to pick up the house contents.

The Zanussi was sold, Matt bought the stereo I believe and the Commodore 64 went to Graham Bennett with as many disks that he could copy in the time remaining, I was keeping the software for a North American C64 that had my name on it.

The XR2 was sold, but still in my possession, I had an agreement with a trader in Manchester with a very good price, I just had to avoid hitting any lamp posts over the next few weeks.

The wedding was on Thursday.

No comments: