Wednesday, October 7, 2009

When you wish upon a star

The afternoon session at the Poacher was a subdued affair, for those daft days of drinking far too much, all thoughts were on the Smithy in the evening, the Poacher was the reception before the reception, a chance to unwind for a bit.

It gave me a time to reflect about what we were leaving behind, I have to admit that below the excitement of it all there was a growing trepidation about what a new country would bring and a fear of failure, I looked around at the people in the pub and I realised that I may not see some of them ever again, a thought that stuck with me for the rest of the day.

That's not to say that there was any sort of sullen mood about the day, it was a giddy time and everyone was enjoying it, especially the bride.

No comments: